Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Getting Comfortable

As many of you may know, we moved into Brian's Grandpa's duplex back in May. We love University Place. Very peaceful. We have a few deer and a rabbit family that we see every morning. It was by far the best decision for our family. We are now officially landlords for our house in the North End. Shane was able to find us the perfect renters - a good friend's parents. Totally a God thing! Perfect timing.

On the home-front...Brian just finished building us a 5 ft. wooden fence and it looks so nice. The kids needed a safe place to play. There is still a lot of clean up and landscaping to do, but we'll get there. Grandpa's property is on a holly orchard with over 60 holly trees. (BTW - You can contact us during Christmas if you want some holly). It's like living at the park! Someday I hope to have the opportunity to entertain friends and family here. For now, as we settle in, I have to be patient! It's a work in progress. Don't get offended if I hesitate to invite you over this year.

On the job-front...Brian is still a volunteer firefighter for Brown's Point. He keeps passing all of his tests so we'll see what happens! We are open to God's plan. When one door opens, another door may begin to close. We adapt to the revolving doors in life.

All I know is that right now, we're here. Brian stays home with the kids, I am working at UPPC (which is a one minute commute), we are happy, blessed and surrounded by family. My mom watches the kids on Wednesdays (Thanks Mom!) For fun, we go upstairs to see Grandpa Jim and Grandpa Brent all the time. It's interesting to share a duplex with all of the Archer men! I am enjoying myself. We have 4 generations living under one roof. That is record breaking! Taylor and I are the only girls. Brian keeps up the house/yard and that is more than Great-Grandpa Jim could ask for right now. He is so glad we are living with him. So am I. Just the fact that we now have 4 bedrooms is a miracle in itself! Praise God! I don't miss living in 700 sf.

Until next time...

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment